Wednesday, October 31, 2007

PA-Furry Friends Guinea Pig Rescue

A little bit about myself: I live in Maryland and have three guinea pigs, as well as two fosters, and one sanctuary pig (permanent foster). Esme and Lisbon were adopted from Metropolitan Guinea Pig Rescue, which is the same organization for which I foster (Gypsy and Rollo) and care for a sanctuary pig (Peaches, pictured at right). I am a Petfinder addict, and one day I saw Sophie (then named Sparks) and I fell in love. My awesome friend Shari drove me three hours + to pick her up in Wallingford, PA from the Furry Friends Guinea Pig Rescue. One of the most amazing things about this rescue is a) that the director is really nice and all around great, but b) all of the guinea pigs are there in the director's house and they are all amazing looking. I wanted to leave with 8 more guinea pigs, but Mr. AdoptAGuineaPig would frown on that. So the below is the start of my featuring FFGPR guinea pigs-think of it as a sort of Amazon Wishlist.

MY TOP THREE FAVORITE FFGPR GUINEAS:

Number Three: ADOPTED! Sophie is a beautiful guinea pig who was three months old when she first arrived at the rescue. Her family rehomed her because Sophie was a nibbler, and they had young children. Since being in the rescue Sophie has become much more docile, but she should still go to a loving, patient home. And she has a CREST!

Number Two:
ADOPTED! Davy is so intriguing looking. I think he looks like a dadaist guinea pig. This boy is a year and some change, and is a dominant fellow. But look at that "who me?" face!

Number One: ADOPTED! Lola (see also Lola versus Powerman and the Moneyground, Part One for more awesomeness), is a guinea pig I have loved for months from e-far. She's bonded with two girls who I will feature in time, ADOPTED! Bridgette and ADOPTED! Rachel, She is just over a year old and such a sweetheart. Thus, I will post three pictures of her.

No comments: